It’s easy to wish we were somewhere or somebody else, but if all we ever did was to continue wishing, then we may never be able to get to where we truly desire in life.
Have you ever come across someone considered successful? What do you think differentiates them from other people who may not be considered successful? I will give you the simple answer, and it is embedded in this 6-letter word: ACTION. Yes, action is what differentiates successful people, from unsuccessful people. While unsuccessful people constantly reside in the realm of the “wishes”, successful people move way beyond that realm, into that of “action.”
If you have been wishing for success, but are yet to achieve it depending on what the definition of success means to you, then it is time to stop beating about the bush about the topic, and put some action into those wishes. Here, I share 7 things you need to do now, (as in NOW) to get you to where you need to be in life.
- Take a moment of silence to figure out what you really want for your life. You see, all too often, we all get very busy that we rarely take the time to sit down and reflect on those things we truly want for our lives. Yes, we all say we want to become successful, but have you really taken out the time to define what the term “success” means to you? Remember that, there is no universal definition of success because everyone’s situation is unique and different. So, to get to where you truly desire in life, give yourself a break, and see through the eyes of your mind, about what becoming successful really means for you. For example, success could mean more money, more lasting relationships, more businesses, more investments, more children, and more of so many other things for different people. But what is your own definition? It’s time to define that.
- Be Ready to think outside the Box. For many, they believe that getting to where they truly desire in life depends on their present circumstances, College Degrees or job descriptions. That kind of reasoning is flawed because there are so many successful people who achieved success, without any bearing to what they were trained to do. Such people thought outside of their comfort zones, and when the right opportunities presented themselves, were smart enough to seize upon them. In order to get to where you need to be in life, do not hold on to rigid and fixated ideas, but be ready and open to embrace new ideas and concepts.
- Lay out the options that you have, and commit to going after them in order of priority. The truth is that there is no “one size fits all definition”, for becoming successful. Therefore, why it is absolutely important to have a wide range of options or paths that you may follow to get to where you want to be. After that, you should, list all the possible options you have identified and commit to going after them in order of priority.
- Access information and materials that would assist you in your journey. No man is a complete repository of knowledge. Even though you may think that you have the package all figured out, and know exactly what to do at every bend or corner, it is possible that there is someone or that there are people out there who may have done and successfully accomplished what you are working to achieve. So, spend the time and resources to find out more information on how to do things better, and smarter from other people who have walked through that path. The internet has a ton of information that one can turn to. But, be careful to hack on only those things that definitely contribute to aiding you to your desired destination.
- Have a roadmap to help you navigate through your journey. Once you have your ideas written and set in stone, it is time to come up with the strategies that you want to employ to get to where you desire. This involves literally spelling out the steps that you need to take, in order to get to where you want. You must plan your journey, and plan it well if you truly want to get to your desired destination, and that involves working with a roadmap or guide.
- Address your Fears and Self-doubts head on. Often times, when people decide that they are tired of living ordinary lives, and decide to achieve success, the odds are that they may be unprepared for the journey ahead of them. And that reality is a big discouragement for so many who look at all their inadequacies and chicken out due to self-doubts, and all the fears you could possibly think about. I tell you that if success were that easy, everybody would be one. But, the reality of the situation is that it is not. So, it is only attainable by those who have the heart and mind for it. Extraordinary people do extraordinary things, while ordinary people, do ordinary things. Addressing all your self-doubts and fears head-on, is something you need to pay particular attention to, because those times would come when all you want to do is quit all the stress leading up to becoming successful, and continuing to live your life as it were before. However, once your fears have been initially addressed, such as by telling yourself all the time, “I can do this”, “I have this all figured out”, etc. your journey is more likely to turn out successful.
- Now begin to take those tiny little steps in advancing towards where you need to be. Achieving success is a process. And for some, it may take days, weeks, months or years, but the length of time required to get you to where you need to be is not the issue. The issue is getting yourself together, and taking tiny steps that would advance you towards your destination. The important thing is that you do not want to get trapped in the same spot. By all means, make sure you are moving forward, no matter the amount of effort, or how long it may take to get you to your desired destination.
In wrapping this up, it is time to put more effort in getting to where you truly desire in life. Stop spending valuable time beating around the bush, and do what you need to do NOW, to get to where you need to be!
To your continued success. Cheers!!!