One huge factor that often prevents people from reaching out and pursuing their dreams, is the fear of the unknown. The uncertainties associated with what lies ahead, or what lies behind the wall makes people remain in their current positions, even if they are not having the best of it.
Which is why you see people suffer in abusive relationships, endure jobs where they are demeaned, refuse to make a career leap, etc. because they are afraid of answering all the “what-if” questions, that have plagued them. “What if this does not work?” “What if that is worse than my current situation?” “What if I lose valuable resources?” “What if this and what if that?”
The truth of the matter is that, you can never know the finished product from the beginning (Only God knows that!), and if you are not courageous enough to make that move for yourself, you may end up living a life, full of regrets.
We all want beautiful lives, where we can do the things we love, and at the times we want them done. As humans, we can actually carve out the designs of our life to come out as aesthetically beautiful as we want them. But this may not be the case if we decide to wait for everything to fall into place first, before we make the necessary move. We must be willing to do the needful, if we truly want our lives to turn out etched and sculptured perfectly. Are you willing to give your life the best shape it deserves? Why not do the following:
- Do what you need to do now. Remember that time waits for no man, and that lost time cannot be regained. I should have started blogging a long time ago, impacting the lives of others for good with my talents and skills. But I waited till now, which makes me feel kind of bad. The point? Get the training you need if necessary for your life’s pursuit, get the education, take out the loan, get married, have kids, build the house, buy the car, etc. Do what you need to do now, instead of waiting for some time in the future.
- Don’t go about asking for advice from Naysayers. Naysayers would discourage you out of your dreams. They would tell you it has never been done before, or cannot be done. Don’t believe them, because anything is indeed possible. The fact that it has never been done before, does not mean it cannot be done for the first time by you. That is why we have several inventors, and you can as well add your name to the list.
- Understand that many people may not buy into your dreams, and that is ok. You are the birther of that dream, so as long as you believe in your convictions, go for it. The only person that can make that dream fail is you. But as long as you are on board with it, it has the potential to blossom.
- Forget about your inadequacies. Just have faith in your convictions and go for the stars. Even if you don’t get to the stars, you may end up in the clouds which is not a bad thing, and of course significantly better than remaining on the ground.
- Don’t get pressured by making sure everything works perfectly at a certain pace /time. One important ingredient for achieving success is consistency. As far as you are consistent in adding bits and pieces to that dream of yours, over time you will reap the fruits of your labors. But note that sometimes, things may not go exactly as you may have planned, but that is also a part of the bigger picture. Don’t get discouraged, but keep taking baby steps as you inch closer to your goals.
To wrap this up, you do not need to wait for everything to fall in place before you make the move towards advancing towards your goal. As long as you are still alive, there is hope for a better future for you. So, pick up the baton and run that race with the determination of the victor that you are, and never stop until you cut through that tape at the finish line!
To your continued success. Cheers!!!