Since we are still in the first week of this year, I would like to say Happy New Year to you again! Thank you so much for taking the time to read through my post today.
It is sad to see that the world is still full of so much hurt and pain, and people truly just want to have a better life, to take care of themselves and those that mean the most to them. I too, share those sentiments, and I am all for giving my unsolicited 2 cents, to help people achieve their dreams, so that they can begin to live the life they have always dreamed about.
Since the year is just starting out, there is so much publicity about setting goals, and taking the necessary steps to achieve them. I have also previously written a post about setting your GOALs (not resolutions) for the New Year to motion (see post here); but today, I am writing on the same topic from a somewhat different perspective.
I am all for helping people live better lives, to achieve their in-born potentials, and that is why I passionately write about topics like this, because they also personally inspire me. Goal setting is good; in fact it is actually great. But the issue is that, if you set out to make GOALs for a New Year without the right perspective or tools to help you achieve them; you will find yourself staring back at those goals at the end of December, with nothing accomplished.
For example, I made a GOAL for myself to at least publish one book last year. And guess what, I ended up publishing 2. Here, I want to share with you my definition for GOALs, as well as some of the tips and secrets that worked for me, to crush that which I had set.Please note that if you must achieve your GOALs, you must become hypertensive to Dream-Killers, which unfortunately are lurking everywhere. Dream-killers are an umbrella compound phrase for anything/everything that poses to derail you from achieving that which you have set out to achieve. They are everywhere and include everything from:
- Fear of anything and everything, self-doubt, pessimism, low self-esteem, procrastination, timidity, inconsistency, a big mouth (yes, we often under-value this one), and of course, other humans who have no bearing or alignment with what you are pursuing. And of course, this list is in no way exhaustive.
In order for you to become successful at those GOALs, and even exceed them like I did, you must develop a hypersensitivity for these, and even carry around with you sort of an ‘injectable epinephrine’ attitude, so that you are immediately able to stop them in their tracks, and prevent them from causing more havoc on your dreams.
You also need a new definition for those GOALs of yours, because ignorance is a big price you do not want to pay, to sacrifice your cherished dreams. So what is my new definition for GOALs?
Graciously Orchestrating Ambitions Lavishly and successfully!
- Graciously– Even though we all truly desire to be successful, we have to be kind, courteous and compassionate in our approach, and go about achieving them in a pleasant manner. You do not have to be nasty or mean to others as you pursue your dreams. Treat others fairly, and remember that what you give out to others will always come back to you.
- Orchestrating – To become truly successful at crushing your set GOALs, you have to be organized to be able to put every needed element of that dream in its right place. You must arrange, plan, manage, coordinate and direct every piece of information and material properly, in order to achieve the desired outcome.
- Ambitions – Never get carried away with the hype of setting GOALs just because everyone else is doing the same. You must be able to set realistic GOALs for yourself, taking into consideration what applies to your particular situation. Your goal setting must be matched with a strong desire to do or achieve that dream, coupled with determination, intent, zeal, enthusiasm, motivation, commitment and a sense of purpose. You must be deliberate and NOT haphazard in your actions.
- Lavishly– You cannot say you want to become successful, if you do not put in your best effort and commit yourself to seeing that dream come to fruition. And this involves being elaborate, sumptuous, luxurious, generous and extravagant in your efforts towards your goal. You must give all, if you want to get all.
- Successfully – This is the high point of all your labor: to become successful at your GOALs and even to exceed them. You truly want to get to this point with a sense of accomplishment, that you have truly achieved that desired outcome or result.
If you would go about addressing your GOALs with this renewed definition-Graciously Orchestrating Ambitions Lavishly, I can guarantee you that you would soon have your Success stories to share. And never forget your ‘injectable epinephrine’ attitude, to immediately stop dream-killers in their tracks, before they cause you more harm, than good.
To your continued success. Cheers!!!